CIOB launches visual history of its 175 years at Futurebuild
As part of the Chartered Institute of Building’s (CIOB) 175th anniversary the Institute will be showcasing its history at this year’s Futurebuild and Ecobuild exhibition.
Michael Brown CIOB Deputy Chief Executive said, “2009 is an important landmark for us and for our members, especially in these challenging times. The industry has evolved a great deal since our inception in 1835, and our members have been at the forefront of that change.
“However, our presence at Futurebuild is not just to celebrate the success of our members or what we have achieved collectively as an Institute. Our aim is also to engage with other sectors and the general public by showcasing the importance of what our industry has to offer. We want to get the message across of how key our industry is, especially in a time of recession.”
The CIOB stand will feature a gallery showcasing buildings from around the globe to have been built by CIOB members. The Institute will also be hosting a photography competition where entrants will be asked to list all of the iconic structures in the skyline of the CIOB’s 175th anniversary logo. Hays Construction, the only recruitment consultancy endorsed by CIOB, will also be present on the stand throughout the event offering visitors careers and recruitment advice specifically targeted towards the current economic climate.
In addition, Professor Li Shirong CIOB Senior Vice President will be speaking at the ‘International and green: learning from around the world’ seminar on Tuesday the 3rd of March. Her presentation will focus on Eco building in China.
Futurebuild and Ecobuild takes place on 3 – 5 March 2009 at Earls Court. Over 500 exhibitors and nearly 26,000 visitors took part in 2008, making Ecobuild the biggest event dedicated to sustainable design, construction and the built environment in the world.
· To register for the event please visit http://www.exporeg.co.uk/reg/ebuild09/login.asp.
· For further information about Futurebuild or Ecobuild please visit www.ecobuild.co.uk.
· For further information about the CIOB please visit www.ciob.org.uk
· For further information about Hays please visit www.hays.com/construction
NOTES TO EDITORS
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) represents for the public benefit the most diverse set of professionals in the construction industry.
The CIOB’s role is to:
· Promote the importance of the built environment.
· Lead the industry to create a sustainable future worldwide.
· Encourage leadership potential.
· Set the highest standards in quality, safety and qualification.
· Create an industry where excellence prospers.
Further information is available by contacting Saul Townsend CIOB press and communications manager on 01344 630 766 – email@example.com.