Tuesday, 1 November 2011 10:19 AM
1 November 2011, London, UK: The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) today announces that attendees from all over the world will be able to attend its annual Reliability of Transmission Distribution Networks Conference from their desks through a virtual event option. Eliminating travel costs and time out of the office, the virtual events option is offered for delegates who want to attend the event but would otherwise not be able to.
Running over two days, the conference features a variety of expert speakers to explain how to best meet the challenges and improve the reliability of transmission networks, distribution networks and associated equipment.
Virtual event delegates will be able to fully participate in the conference, choosing to view and interact with the presentations they want in the format they choose. Virtual delegates will receive:
· Live access to all conference presentations, including Q&A sessions
· The opportunity to pose questions to speakers via the live chatroom
· Access to on-demand viewing of all presentations and speaker slides post-event
· 25% discount on standard registration fees
Matthew Poole, Event Producer, IET Power Sector comments: “The reliability of transmission and distribution networks is a real issue throughout the engineering sector, so it’s great to be able to open up this conference to a wider audience than would have otherwise been possible. We’ve run three events so far with a virtual attendance option and this will hopefully build on the success of this feature that we have already seen.”
The IET Reliability of Transmission Distribution Networks Conference takes place on 22 to 24 November at Dexter House in London. A workshops day on the 22nd will focus on the management of plant and system reliability, and cyber security for digital networks. Delegates can attend the two days of the conference virtually at a cost of £359 for IET members, £434 for non-members and £206 for students or retired delegates. Further details and virtual event registration are available from http://www.theiet.org/rtdn/index.cfm.
For more information, please contact:
+44 (0) 8453 707 024
Notes to Editors:
· The IET is Europe’s largest professional body of engineers and technicians with over 150,000 members in 127 countries.
· The IET is a professional home for life for its members and supports them throughout their careers.
· For more information, visit www.theiet.org