ABI Fraud Conference
In Partnership with Ordnance Survey
Thursday, 13 September 2012
09:00 – 16:40
Venue: ABI 7th Floor Conference Suite, EC2V 7HQ
Insurance fraud impacts on insurers, their customers and society in general. Reducing and deterring insurance fraud is a priority for the ABI and the insurance industry. Insurers incur costs in investigating suspected frauds, which also impact their ability to deal with genuine claims quickly. For honest customers, it leads to higher premiums. ABI estimates that fraud adds, on average, an extra £50 a year to the annual insurance bill for every UK policyholder. Insurance fraud is also known to fund and facilitate other serious crime.
The conference will provide an opportunity for senior fraud practitioners to come together and discuss:
- A CEO view of the importance of embedding an anti-fraud culture and capability within all aspects of sales, marketing, underwriting and claims
- The benefits to be derived from current and planned industry capability
- The Government’s overarching anti-fraud strategy and the role insurers can play in ensuring its success
- The changing regulatory environment. How will insurers adapt to these changes? Are they a threat? Do they present opportunities?
- What drives fraudulent behaviour and how can the industry change the current perception that insurance fraud is a victimless crime?
- How the fraud landscape and insurance industry response is perceived by consumer representatives and what is on their wish list?
- What is the industry vision for taking fraud prevention to the next level?
Who should attend?
- Counter fraud professionals
- Public affairs teams
- Anyone with an interest in combatting fraud
For more information with regard to the content of the programme for the day, please contact Andrew Woolgar at email@example.com and for all other information please contact ABIevents@abi.org.uk or call 020 7216 7485.
Delegate fee: £150 per member company delegate
£250 per non-member company delegate
This event has been accredited by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and can be included as part of your CII CPD requirement should you consider it relevant to your professional development needs.
ABI 7th Floor Conference Suite
51 Gresham Street