Date Posted: 24 June 11
Closing Date: 16th July 2011
Location: Newton Abbot, Devon
Contract: Volunteer - approximately 3 months
Anne Marie Morris MP is looking to recruit a volunteer to work in her local campaign office based in Newton Abbot, Devon, working alongside a full-time Campaign Manager for a period of approximately 3 months.
We are seeking a motivated individual with a keen interest in politics and current affairs who would like to gain experience volunteering for an MP. This is a unique opportunity to experience the latest proven campaigning techniques in an important seat.
The successful applicant will gain experience in a busy campaign environment and undertake a variety of tasks to support the campaign team. The exact hours of work are subject to negotiation (Minimum 20 hours a week).
Based at our office in Newton Abbot, you will gain an insight into the production of campaign materials, the function and organisation of campaigns and the management and organisation of local volunteer activists. The successful applicant will also gain experience of working in a busy political environment, with tight deadlines and fast changing priorities.
The specific tasks undertaken will vary; they will include, but not be limited to:
- Media Monitoring
- Data entry
- Developing E-Campaigns
- Liaising with community activists and organisations and Councillors
- Organising canvassing sessions and public meetings
As such the ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated, have excellent attention to detail
- Be IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Have knowledge of, and sympathy for, the aims and policies of the Conservative Party
- Have the ability to work in a flexible environment
- Ideally, have their own transport and a full driving licence.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See www.w4mp.org/html/msvo/main.asp for further info.
Please send a CV and covering letter (no more than 2 pages in total to
Chris Rowland (Campaign Manager).
2 Salisbury House, Salisbury Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2DF