AHPN (African Health Policy Network)
12 noon, Thursday 25 August 2011
AHPN and NAT are looking for a creative, strategic thinker who would like to develop their skills to work across both organisations as part of our small but dynamic Policy and Campaigns Teams. Line management will be undertaken by NAT but the role will involve work with and across both organisations.
NAT is the UK’s leading charity dedicated to transforming society’s response to HIV. We provide fresh thinking, expertise and practical resources. We champion the rights of people living with HIV and campaign for change.
AHPN is the leading policy organisation that influences policy on health and wellbeing issues that affect Africans in the UK.
You will have:
• Proven analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret data and statistics
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across different organisations
• Good communication skills including good oral and written skills
• The ability to prioritise, multitask and quickly get to grips with new subject areas
• A commitment to human rights and an interest in HIV in a UK context.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to gain experience in the voluntary sector as a first step towards building a career in policy.
The key purpose of this role is:
• To research and analyse key policy issues which impact on people living with and affected by HIV, particularly in African communities
• To take responsibility for the development of clear and concise policy reports and recommendations on specific elements of AHPN and NAT’s work
• To engage with and provide support on a range of other policy issues and the everyday activities of both Policy and Campaigns Teams.
Training needs will be assessed, and further in-house training will be provided to enable you to develop your skills within this role if appropriate.
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday 25 August 2011
Interview date: Monday 5 September 2011
Information on how to apply is available from NAT’s website, www.nat.org.uk/About-us/Vacancies/Internships.aspx or by sending an e-mail quoting the role title, together with your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 7814 6767. All materials are available in alternative formats upon request.
NAT and AHPN are committed to equality and diversity. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV, disabled people, gay men and people from black and ethnic minority communities.
The National AIDS Trust (NAT) is a Registered Charity No: 297977 and a Company Limited by Guarantee No.2175938 (registered in England and Wales) The African Health Policy Network is a Registered Charity No: 1088641